Pages

August 5, 2010

Practical Skills for Kids

Has the kids soccer craze run its course yet? Are we ready to teach our kids useful things that they'll need in the future instead of signing them up to spend their weekends trying to kick a ball down the field?

I'm serious: we do our kids no favors if we send them out into the world unable to feed themselves without a car to take them to the drive-through, and unable to clothe themselves without a credit card in their pocket at Kohl's.

Your kids will need to know how to cook, how to garden, and how to make things, and you're the best one to teach them. Get a headstart on raising self-sufficient kids with Back to Basics: Raising Self-Sufficient Children. Available now on Amazon Kindle for only 99 cents.

4 comments:

Home Instructed Students said...

Amen! You shout it, Barbara. I told my kids that when they are sitting around with their grandkids talking about the 'good ole days' that they have something more to talk about than reaching a certain level on the popular video game. Rather than watching the Discovery Channel, they are discovering lives for themselves. If I had a Kindle, I'd buy your book!

Barbara Frank said...

I like that: "Rather than watching the Discovery Channel, they are discovering lives for themselves."

Awesome, Carol!

Anonymous said...

I make my children (17 and 12) cook a meal every week. They do all the preparation and cooking. They love it. They know how to read labels on products and buy the healthier version.I have taught them to save and watch for sales when buying items, use coupons, and they both always go to the clearance aisles first. They love the thrift stores!!!

Barbara Frank said...

Sounds like you're raising them right, SP! Thanks for stopping by :)